Sunday, November 25, 2012

Showcase Sunday-3rd Edition

Yay for Showcase Sunday hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea!! And even more exciting is I got cancelled from work today! Holla!! So that means I get to enjoy my Venti Starbucks and spend all.day.reading. :) After realizing I may be the only YA blogger on the planet that hasn't read the Iron Fey series that is what I will be doing all day and week until I finish; I'm pretty amped!

OK so on the the showcase!!....


Borrowed
I went a little nuts at the library as you can see...BUT
I am so so SO excited to start these! I have heard
so many fantastic things about them.
I am currently about 200 pages into the first 
one and I really am loving it so far! Yay!

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa


Bought
Half Price Books had a Black Friday sale
and this is what I went home with :)

The Red Queen by Philippa Gregory--Haven't read this yet, 
main character doesn't interest me terribly but I'll still read it

Wither by Lauren DeStefano--Heard great things about this one too,
looking forward to reading it

Sapphique by Catherine Fisher--I have read this and Incarceron,
the first book of the duo. They are awesome. Totally unique, sci-fi concept,
the books are really good if you haven't read them!

For Review
Wayward: Scifi Stories & Poems by M.W. Fowler--This is a 
collection of short stories and poems I was asked to review
that all have a little bit of sci-fi to them. I'm excited, I've never read a
collection of short stories or poems before!


Book Swag
In addition to the book the author sent me to review he also
sent me some really cool book swag! Book plates, a bookmark and a little card
from his first novel. How nice, right?!

There is my haul for the week, I think I did pretty good! I know I have more to pick up at the library this week so I'm really excited to keep reading :) Hope you all had a fabulous holiday and are getting ready for the next one!

Peace and love you all! <3

10 comments:

  1. That is the most exciting borrowed section of Showcase Sunday I've ever seen! I am SO glad you're enjoying book 1. You'll read through these really quickly; you'll definitely get hooked! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So. freaking. good! I can't stop reading! Ash...swoon... <3

      Delete
  2. I need to get caught up on The Iron Fey, too! I only read the first book but really enjoyed it. :)

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh keep reading! The next ones get so much better if that is possible!

      Delete
  3. Amazing books this week! I haven't read the Iron Fey series yet but have the first one on my kindle but I think the cover is so nice that I need a physical copy haha :) I hope you enjoy the series! I have Wither too read too and The Red Queen and I've been wondering whether I should buy Incarceron because it looks so intriguing and original. Great great books! Enjoy :)

    New Follower!
    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/showcase-sunday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you need to start reading these! So good! And Incarceron is really good! Totally unique idea, I really liked it :)

      Delete
  4. Great, now I'mthe only blogger who hasn't read The Iron Fey series. I really want to read it I just have so many other books I want to read too. Oooh, and Wither! So pretty.
    Great Haul! Here is my book haul:
    http://www.mostlyyabookobsessed.com/2012/11/stacking-shelves-29-weekly-recap.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! I thought I was the last/only one! Haha, you won't regret it! Is Wither good? I grabbed it on a whim...50% because of the cover...fact :)

      Delete
  5. Unfortunately, I'm the same as Nereyda, I haven't read any of the Iron Fey series. the only one I have read is The Lost Prince, which I loved. So I kind of read it backwards, but I will definitely read soon! I do intend too! :D The covers are absolutely gorgeous though. I'm so glad your enjoying it! :) I too bought Wither, and I can't wait to read it! Brilliant Haul!

    Here's My Showcase Sunday

    New Follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must read it! I still am so mad at myself for waiting so long, they are so fantastic! And thanks for following!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...