Monday, November 19, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday! TT Authors/Books I'm Grateful For

Thanksgiving Edition! First of all, I'd like to point out how grateful I am to be blessed with a passion for reading because honestly, I pity people that do not get the same amount of joy that I get when reading a book. I digress...like I always do...so ok! Head on over to The Broke and The Bookish for more TTT :)There are soooo many books and authors I am grateful for so it was hard to narrow down! I could easily have done about 20! But here goes!

1. John Green Ok so this is so the most obvious choice in the world (with the exception of the next person on my list) but as we all know John Green may be the most brilliant young adult writer of our age. Heart breaking, honest, raw, brilliant, all awesome adjectives to describe his books and that list goes on as well. 


2. JK Rowling Obvious choice #2. I'm not sure I can make a list that does not include Harry Potter or JK Rowling...sorry, just not gonna happen. Harry Potter is a life source to me and I would gasping for breath without it in a literary sense.


3. Lauren Oliver Not only is Delirium one of the best books I have ever read...I describe it as a soul ripper. I do not say this often but it pertains to books so emotionally amazing yet agonizing they rip a little bit of your soul. The Fault in Our Stars, anyone? That's another one...now you know what I mean. But in addition to Delirium, Before I Fall is another AMAZING young adult novel. She is in a league all her own and I love everything she does.


4. Lois Lowry To the woman who made me a reader through the phenomena known as The Giver. Thankful. So thankful for this book and the experiences I had when reading it while growing up.


5. Philippa Gregory This lady is my drug dealer...of historical fiction. For realz. I describe my obsession with historical fiction, most specifically Plantagenet and Tudor England, as I would to a drug addiction. I cannot get enough. It is the same damned story every.single.time. But do you think I get sick of it? NO! Never! I cannot get enough! Need. More. Now. Will. Perish. Without.


6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Another soul ripper, can't leave it off the list. 'Nuff said.

7. Cassandra Clare Not only does she give us Jace and Clary and the ultimate awesomeness of the world of the Shadowhunters...she writes the Shadowhunter world set in Victorian England, too. Um...WHAT!? TWO of my loves combined into one epic series. Thank you Cornucopia for Ms. Clare...and Jace...and Will...and Jem...and Magnus...k, I'm done...for now...


8. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Without getting all emo, I read this book as an adult and while thinking back on my own middle and high school years it made me feel like somebody finally understood. It took almost a decade, but this book spoke to me and I felt a little more at peace after reading it. As tragic as it is it, it has many healing properties as well. 


9. Kate Morton Probably my favorite adult fiction writer. Her books transport me down the rabbit hole. They are rich with description and family drama and aristocracy, I just love it all and cannot get enough!


10. Caragh O'Brien If I took the time to discuss how much I love her Birthmarked series I would be here until next Thanksgiving. This series is epic. I cannot say enough good things about it. I wish everyone in the world would read this and could love it as much as I do. Gaia is a heroine all her own with a partner that is to die for. Love. Love. Love. This. Series. This author makes me happy times a bajillion.


Yay again! Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving filled with love and friends and family and food! 


Gobble gobble!!

17 comments:

  1. so many good ones, and we've got a few of the same ones!

    Marissa
    here's my my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome list! So many of my faves! Feel free to checkout My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read John Green! I feel like the only person in the world who hasn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh yes you do! You will NOT regret it!! :)

      Delete
  4. The Giver turned many people into readers, I think. Love that book.

    Here's my Ten Ten Books I'm Thankful For. Stop by and sign up to win a $25 Amazon gift card in my Gratitude Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I've been hearing wonderful things about John Green but I haven't read his work myself yet...

    Here's my TTT this week =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you just have to! They literally are all fantastic! You will fall in love with him I swear!

      Delete
  6. We share a few, great list :) And I also see some I'm starting soon :) Judging by their fan base I will most definitely enjoy them all :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so your list is filled with awesomeness. As soon as I see Gregory, Rowling & Zusak in one list, I want to do a happy dance :p

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your choices. Us ladies at Inkk read Thirteen Reason Why this past year. I cried because it WAS so darn relateable.
    I haven't read any John Green yet (What's wrong with me???), but many of his books are high on my TBR list.
    *new follower*
    Check out our TTT!

    ~Krisha @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO great to hear other people found Thirteen Reasons Why so amazing! And John Green is amazing. He will change your life! And thanks for following! I get your reviews through e-mail :)

      Delete
  9. I love Kate Morton too. I just finished the Secret Keeper and was blown away. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished that too! My review will be up in a week or so but I LOOOOOVED it! Totally did not see how it was going to end! Love love loved!

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love Lauren Oliver! I've only read Delirium, but I own both Pandemonium and Before I Fall. My favorite author would probably have to be either Ally Condie or Maggie Stiefvater. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE Ally Condie! And I just read The Raven Boys and it was amazing! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...