Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish features this week's topic as Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013!! Really put some thought into this one as to what exactly I want to accomplish this year...
1. Read lots of amazing books!!-- I mean I know this one is obvious but still true. I have a TBR pile crazy like everyone else's so I just want to be able to calmly and systematically read through and enjoy all the fabulous books I have yet to read.
2. Series Read-Throughs--I have this anal retentive behavior that makes me feel the need to read all preceding books in a series if a new one is coming out. Such as, Requiem comes out this year. I plan to re-read both Delirium and Pandemonium right before reading Requiem. I want a complete clean read through of the entire series. Beginning to end. I am SO looking forward to doing this! I am a huge fan of re-reading because I can remember locations I read said book, original emotions I had the first time while reading, and it just makes me so happy to visit characters I love again :)
3. Stand Alone Re-Reads--In addition to series read throughs, I have the ambitious goal of re-reading certain books that I fell in love with that aren't series. The Fault In Our Stars and Code Name Verity the top 2 among them. I just want to be able to go back and not worry about books I haven't read or are coming out and enjoy reading a book I know and love.
4. Get More Active In Blogging--I am still so new to this I feel like I am so clueless about...oh, I'd say 90% of the day. I try to comment and look at as many blogs and reviews as I can but I really want to participate in more (any) challenges and interact more :) I already signed up for the 2013 YA Contemporary Challenge which leads me into my next goal...
5. Read Out Of My Comfort Zone--I am suuuuuuuch a sucker for all things dystopian and fantasy that I realized I don't really read a lot about normal people...doing normal things...without crazy paranormal crap running around. SO my goal for this year is to read more contemporary or things in general that are out of my comfort zone.
6. Go To A Convention--I have heard a little bit about this BEA amazingness and I honestly don't think I'll be able to go this year but I would like to in the future go to this or any convention and meet people and not be stared at like a freak when talking about books or how much I love reading...that happens a lot to me in real life...
7. Continue To Meet Fabulous Authors--I get so freakin' excited (as you all do) when I get to meet an author whose books I love. I was so fortunate this year to meet so many wonderful authors! Deborah Harkness, James Dashner, Leigh Bardugo, Caragh O'Brien (!!!!!!), Kate Morton and several others. I legit felt high after meeting them. These are the real celebrities as all us cool people know. Authors are my Rockstars. Period.
8. MEET ALL YOU GUYS!!!--Ok, so I could only think of 8 but what I really want out of all this bookish wonderland is to meet more of you guys. Honestly, if you are reading this I heart you like crazy! I still feel like I'm writing to myself, which is fine! The reason I do this is because it feels so good to verbalize my feelings and love for books. But the fact that maybe one other person might be reading my words...well that's just fabulous. So I want to meet you! I love talking on Twitter, I try to reply to all comments, even though I think I miss a few here and there. But you all are amazing and I love reading your comments and your blogs and you are all just wonderful!
9. Write More Than Just Reviews--I'd like to be able to do a post once or twice a month just discussing something that isn't a meme or a review. Personalish stuff that has some regards to a topic...I don't know yet but something to get my personality through a little more so you fabulous people who do read this know a little bit more about me :)
The lack of 10 things on this list definitely makes up for all those times I cheated and had more than 10...oops, all full circle right! Can't wait to read your goals!! :)