There are several classics that I haven't read yet...that I am more than ashamed to admit to. So here are a few of the ones that have been sitting on my shelf that I just haven't gotten around to yet...but I'm hoping I will in 2013.
1. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackerey--I started this book years ago when I was in college, sped through the first 100 pages, was really enjoying it...but then school started up again...and I had to stop. Never really picked it back up but I will try sooo hard to read it this year...I hope
2. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens--Read Great Expectations in high school, remember liking it enough but I've heard this book is even better. I bought it when I was in France (because I had to buy a book in every country I went to that was pertinent to its history...yeah, that actually happened) so not only is it supposed to be good but it's from Europe...sassy :)
3. This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald-- LOVE The Great Gatsby so I feel it only right to read other books by Fitzgerald and this one sounded the best, so there goes that.
4. East of Eden by John Steinbeck--I have heard this is just one of the most fantastic books ever written. Good vs evil and a re-telling of Cane and Abel...sounds pretty darn good. The size daunts me, I won't lie, but I will read it...I will...
Genre Out of My Comfort Zone...YA Contemporary
So I am also ashamed to admit, I really don't venture out into the YA Contemporary world as much as I should. Don't get me wrong. I obsess over John Green. All of his books are pure brilliance to me but I just haven't found other books similar or that sound of interest to me. BUT the following books I have heard SO many great things about so I resolve to read these and step out of my comfort zone.
5. If I Stay by Gayle Forman-- I am ever so excited to read her new book coming out, Just One Day, so I want to prepare for that book by reading her other works. I'm excited!
6. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson--Another contemporary I have heard excellent things about. I did a little research on Goodreads and this is another one that kept popping up.
7. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill--Another Goodreads find. Good premise. I was being pretty picky and this one sounded good, too. And it takes place in London...hello, obvious choice!
8. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry--I kept seeing this pop up on a lot of End of Year Surveys about the romance and the story so I will cave and read this, too. I actually and quite looking forward to reading these.
Books I Just Haven't Gotten Around To Reading Yet
9. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys--Heard AMAZING things about this. I am beyond excited to read. Just got it for Christmas, the anticipation is palpable!
10. Captive Queen: A Novel of Eleanor Aquitaine by Alison Weir--I looooove historical fiction. I have not read anything about Eleanor of Aquitaine but she sounds fascinating. This has also been sitting on my shelf and I just haven't gotten to it yet but I hope to soon!
There ya go! Can't wait what books you've all been waiting to read in 2013!! Hope you enjoyed mine! :)