Ok, so I have to preface that before I did this one I didn't delve too much into finding books that may already take place here so if one does, pleeeeease let me know in the comments! I'm going off of books I've already read or heard of so I'm always up for recs :)
I decided to base this Top Ten Tuesday off of my other passion in life; traveling. Last spring I spent 3 glorious weeks in Europe and my life has forever been changed. Because of that I'm listing the top ten places I would love to see a contemporary novel set in...or better yet contemporary mixed with paranormal or urban fantasy a la Daughter of Smoke and Bone...and that book's setting, Prague, is already marked off of my list. I also decided to include some of my pics from my trip last year :)
|The Tower of London|
-One of my fav places!
1. London- I am aware that Just One Day takes place here, I think, but I haven't read it yet so I'm including London on my list. I am OBSESSED with England's history, I loved visiting it in the present so I would love a new novel that can take me back to it's historic streets in a present-day setting.
2. Sicily-Ok, I'm being selfish on this one. I've read Arcadia Awakens and become just enamored with it. It is where my ancestors come from so I just want more Sicily in the literature world. I'm a selfish reader. I know. More, more more!
3. Switzerland-The landscape of Switzerland is unreal. Mountains, snow, hilly paths, it is just breathtaking! I would love to see an author take this setting and make it come to life for people that have not been there.
|Canals of Amsterdam|
|Grand Canal in Venice :)|
5. Venice-I know Venom is out there, it is on my TBR list but again, that's historical fiction. I want today. I want canals and masks and lace and glass-blowing and mystery! This is one of my favorite cities and I cannot WAIT to go back! In real life and in fiction :)
6. Russia-Ever since watching Anastasia as a child I have looooved Russian culture. The wardrobe, the names, the winters, all of it! Shadow and Bone does a lot to quell my thirst but I would love a modern interpretation of the city and it's culture.
7. Greece-Haven't been here yet but I can imagine the winding roads on the cliffs anyways. I need a book to take me there until I can physically go there myself.
|Arc de Triomphe in Paris|
8. Dublin-Seriously, Ireland is one of the most beautiful countries I have ever been blessed to have been to. I would love a book to take me back to its lush scenery, idyllic beaches, and fraught history.
9. Paris-I know Anna and the French Kiss exists, just doesn't seem to peak my interest based on the synopsis. So I would love a rec on another book that takes place here, any takers? :)
|Trevi Fountain in Rome :)|
10. Rome-I love Italy. Sue me that 3 of its cities are on here but I cannot get enough of this place. Rome was also one of my favorite destinations. It is just beyond breathtaking. I need more of it. Like now.
Ok, hope you enjoyed my list!! Now I want to travel and go back there! Grr!! Real life gets in the way! Can't wait to see all your lists!
Peace and love!