Tuesday, May 19, 2015

How to Have Hair Like a Heroine

Hey guys! So after talking to a few ladies on Twitter about curling hair with a straightener and the difficulties of it--and it is difficult until you get used to it--I offered to film another video of my technique. I had previously sent one to Hannah who didn't believe I could do this to my hair in under 3 minutes--I can. So by popular demand and request, here is how I curl my hair with a straightener. Enjoy! (Also, thanks to Hannah for the post title *muah*)


Ok so I hope that makes sense! Like I said, I'm always on Twitter for questions or anything! It took me a while to get my groove! Here are some other hair products I use and live by or mentioned in the video!

Conair Infiniti Pro 1.75" Flat Iron--I mispoke in my video, it's 1.75" not 1.5", my bad. I've tried a lot of straighteners but this one is my favorite! I love the wider iron but I've also used 1" iron by this brand and also really like it. I prefer the wider iron because the curls/waves are looser than with the 1".

Living Proof The Perfect Hair Day--Looooove this stuff! It adds a little bit of texture but it always moisturizes. I apply this to my wet hair after every wash 

TRESemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray--I use this before applying any heat styling tool on my hair to protect it. It doesn't leave a film on my hair like I've noticed with other products.

Living Proof Instant Texture Mist--When I am feeling lazy and DON'T want to curl my hair, I use this and it still gives me textured, wavy beach hair. I love this. It legit works. You can use it on wet, damp, or dry hair, tousle it and it gives you waves without crunchiness. Love love love this. 

Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo--I live and die by dry shampoos on days I don't wash my hair. I have tried multiple brands and lo and behold the BEST one I've found is the probably the cheapest on the market. This suave brand not only works but it DOES NOT discolor hair or go flaky or make it gray at the roots--where I usually spray. The only thing I have noticed is if you use too much or spray too liberally, my hair gets a little thick at the roots so less is more for this approach. It also acts as a great voluminzing spray without it getting sticky or feel like hairspray. Win, win.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Helpful? Let me know, I'm dying to hear what you think! 

2 comments:

  1. I've never been able to properly curl my hair with a straightener, so hats off to you, my dear Kelly! I'm totally going to be following your instructions and seeing if I can manage to eventually pull it off for myself, even with my shorter length ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best! Can't wait to try this out myself! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...