1. The Little Mermaid - a character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”
Beth from Dark Lover is definitely out of her element when she first meets Wrath in Dark Lover. It's a world she had no idea existed and then Wrath of all people comes bursting in and is overwhelming as all fuck and it's just like BOOM BAM VAMPIRE! She recovers well but the struggle is real.
2. Cinderella - a character who goes through a major transformation
John Matthew is...unique, to say the least. He gets a really rough start in life and his ability to accept and love people is astounding. My heart has a special place for John Matthew because his character arc is SO beautiful to me.
3. Snow White - a book with an eclectic cast of characters
The Band of Bastards are introduced in Lover Unleashed and what a bunch of misfit toys. These guys are mean, vicious, and the opposite side of the Black Dagger Brotherhood coin. They cause trouble but there's a redeeming quality to some of them. Can't wait to see where they go...
Dark Lover graciously gives us the gift of finding out that Zsadist sings like an angel so I'm also twisting this answer to say I want my BAE Z to sing me to sleep every night in the book of our life. Sorry not sorry.
5. The Lion King - a character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood
6. Beauty and the Beast - A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful
7. Aladdin - a character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse
Phury's job of watching over Zsadist ends when he finally finds love and he wanders a little aimlessly afterwards and doesn't deal with it in the best way. He always wanted his brother to become whole--his wish--but Phury in the aftermath has a lot of demons of his own to work through but have no fear, he gets there in the end. Love my brother-in-law.
8. Mulan - a character who pretends to be someone or something they are not
9. Toy Story - a book with characters you wish would come to life
10. Disney Descendants - your favorite villain or morally ambiguous character
I tag everyone and anyone who loves Disney or the Black Dagger Brotherhood!! Aaaaaand GO!