Monday, May 29, 2017

An Unexpected Gift

"I believe everything happens for a reason."
--Sarah J Maas, A Court of Wings and Ruin
Genre: New Adult, Adult Fantasy 
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pages: 705
Publication Date: May 2nd, 2017
Source: Bought
Find on: Goodreads | Amazon
Previous Books in Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses & A Court of Mist and Fury

My Thoughts

The Belle
This book has been a long time coming. I have loved this series from its inception. The Beauty and the Beast theme in ACOTAR, the not everything is always as it appears ACOMAF, and the inspirational fight for the right thing ACOWAR. While I won't talk too much about the plot details as to not give away spoilers, I will tell you a few reasons why you should read ACOWAR or start this series if you haven't yet.

It's About Inner Strength and Growth
None of us are perfect, this is a fact. But how we grow and mature and makes decisions is something we all go through and evolve through. None of that is more applicable than to my girl Feyre. I am so incredibly impressed with the depth and complexity of Feyre. The journey she takes is so multi-faceted that we truly get an honest picture of who she is. She is brave and selfless and intelligent and flawed. She cares deeply for those around her but she also learns to care deeply about herself. Her journey to not only self-discovery but self-love was a millions kinds of beautiful and I feel honored to have shared in her story.

It's About Loyalty
The Inner Circle is still 100% #goals. I loved how all these different characters come together for one another and defend each other. Loyalty is personally such a huge deal to me in my real life that seeing such incredible loyalty among this groups of people was phenomenal. It sparks a light in my heart reading about people who genuinely care and love one another and would do anything for them.

It's About Family
My favorite aspect of ACOWAR was the sister theme between Feyre, Nesta, and Elain. Oh. My. Cauldron. Favorite. Favorite. Favorite. I have two younger sisters who I'm extremely close with so this especially struck home for me. I loved seeing them interact and address all their own personal strengths and weaknesses. It's so true in real life with sisters, too. You fight hard and dirty but you make up and hell to the no if anybody else would ever talk badly about them. I loved every part of their dynamic and relationship and was brought to tears more than one time.

It's About Doing the Right Thing
The inspiration I felt while reading this book was on another level. I was brought to tears so many times with how moving the plot was. There is so much goodness in these characters. Standing up for the right thing. Fighting for those who can't fight for themselves. Going up against an evil oppressor. It's so, so, so, so incredibly inspiring that I feel like I can conquer the world after reading. The entire ending was brilliant. So many surprises and twists that I was fist pumping and ugly sobbing all over the fucking place. Sarah can honestly do no wrong in my book and it was one of, if not the, best final book I have ever read. And while this conflict is over, I cannot wait to have more from this world because there are a few relationships that need *ahem* closure.

There is seriously so much more I could say about this book but I would spoil so many plot points so for now I stay mum. Just know that there are so many amazing things about this book and I would not change one thing about it. It is honestly one of the best books I have every read and if you haven't read this series yet, you need to push over the TBR to get to it!


VIP 
If you love realistic heroines, family loyalty, and inspiring stories...this book is for you.

1 comment:

  1. 100% agree with everything you've mentioned here! I like that ACOWAR is an entirely new part of Feyre's journey, and I thought it was so, so great. Cannot wait for more in this world!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...