Monday, November 6, 2017

Love Gives You Wings

"Easy answer...You."
--Tiffany Reisz, Michael's Wings

My Thoughts

The Belle
It's no secret that Michael has a huge place in my heart since meeting him in The Angel. His vulnerability and sensitive soul won me over immediately. In this new novella, we get to see so much more of Michael and the man he has become.
 Michael's Wings is the brand new novella from Tiffany Reisz and it takes place after before The Virgin. The premise? Griffin has asked Michael to marry him and while he's trying to decide he flies down to New Orleans to see Nora and talk it out. What I loved most about overall novella was how Michael and Griffin fit together. Opposite in so many ways, they just work. I love when couples have a duality and balance of temperaments and Griffin and Michael definitely qualify. More than that, they know it and they play off of it which was SO beautiful. Griffin asking Michael and how Michael responds is just something you're going to have to read yourself because it is beautiful and wonderful and all kinds of swoon.

Of course, it was wonderful to see some old faces. Nora will forever be such an incredibly fun character to read about. Her wit and snark gives me life. My all-time favorite Kingsley was not present for...reasons...*snickers*. I always want more Soren but just hearing about all these amazing characters I've come to know and love made my day.

A note on the other previously published short stories, most of which I hadn't read before. They were amazing. There are small anecdotes alluded to in Michael's Wings that are all explained in the included short stories. Amazing. I loved seeing Michael grow from a very unsure young boy to an assertive-in-his-own-way man. He is able to stand up for himself which I find SO beautiful and inspiring. The way they gossip about their friends with one another had me laughing out loud. It was something so vanilla and normal and a thousand kinds of endearing. I love them. I love them as hard as flogger. 
Backstage Pass
If you love the Original Sinners, our favorite Angel, and BDSM...this book is for you.
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance, Erotica
Publisher: 8th Circle Press
Publication Date: November 7th, 2017
Source: ARC provided by author
Find on: Goodreads | Amazon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...